Saturday, November 14, 2009

Is it too late to plant chamomile? I want to make my own tea from the flowers or give them as a gift.?

Also, how long does it take to bloom, and what kind of soil do I use? or is it just too late in the year?

Is it too late to plant chamomile? I want to make my own tea from the flowers or give them as a gift.?
The needs of this plant are pretty straight forward, full to part sun and a well draining soil. The perennial chamomile (Roman) is hardy to 40 below but the annual (German) will disappear at freezing. Also, it doesnt do well indoors as the summer air does it well.





ps


it takes about 8 weeks after sowing (you plant and see a sprout)


Must dry immediatly, keep it very well watered until they sprout and plant in well turned soil about 15cm appart
Reply:Chamomille grows well in most soils. They are a weed. Grow thyem indoors if you have a short summer where you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment